Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cincy Burger



                Josh was off at work or out with friends or just avoiding a trip to the mall with his sister and me to do some back to college shopping recently when I saw a brand new place in the food court. Called Cincy Burger they promised “fresh off the grill” burgers, wraps and more. My daughter and I weren’t going to eat at a fast food style mall food court place but I put this joint in the back of my mind to try sometime.
                Located inside the Eastgate Mall and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/cincy.burgers, Cincy Burgers isn’t a chain and it doesn’t look to be anything fancy. In fact, the menu is printed out and taped to the front of the booth. These are obviously some folks with a dream and they are trying to turn it into a reality.
The Burger
                Like a growing number of up and coming burger chains, Cincy Burger grills up their fare fresh when it is ordered. In fact, my order of a cheeseburger and fries brought about the fries being dropped into the fryer and the burger coming out of the refrigerator and going on a hot grill. Ah, the sound of the sizzle was refreshing. As was the aroma of the mean as I stood there and watched the guy fry it up for me.
                Better than one of the big fast food joints, this burger was enhanced somewhat by a good quality, fresh bun, crisp lettuce and a ripe tomato. There was perhaps too much of a heavy hand on the condiments but overall this was a very pleasant surprise.
                Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t going to rival any of our favorite burger joints. Nor is it really in the same class as say a Five Guys, but for what it is I have to admit that the food was tasty; with one exception. The dill pickle spear they served left a lot to be desired. And even though the food was cooked when it was ordered, their process was rather quick. I ordered, paid, got my drink, and watched as my burger was being flipped and pressed with precision.
                The two guys behind the counter running the place were very friendly and even a bit chatty. It didn’t feel like I was standing in the middle of a shopping mall getting my food. But that’s where I was.
                Cincy Burger isn’t the kind of place you would go out of your way to visit but if you find yourself in the Eastgate area and want to try a burger, I would recommend you give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment