Saturday, June 30, 2012

CheezBurger

                  With a name like CheezBurger Cafe you would expect something special. Situated in a little strip mall, hidden by frontage, at 12092 Montgomery Rd. in Symms Township and on the web at http://www.cheezburgercafe.com/, you would expect something good. With Josh busy one Saturday when I was heading up that way for something else, I thought I’d stop in and find out.
                Located through the same main door as Skip’s Bagels (go to the right for CheezBurger Café), the place is small and cozy with oversized booths filling just about all of the available space. On the tables were checker boards in case someone wanted to play.
                The menu is small as would befit a true burger place and they have something called the Triple Threat Challenge and though I never learned what it was, I did see both the wall of fame and the wall of shame.
                With the grill in sight and quick service, I was excited to try out the main attraction.
The Burger
                Though they offer a whole wide selection of specialty burgers, I decided, as always, to just stick with the plain old classic. Being hungry I ordered up a double. Each patty is one third pound of 100% pure Angus beef.
                I love going to a place where the grill is out front. Not only can you see the cooks doing their magic but you can hear and smell the meat as it sizzles its way toward perfection. I wasn’t asked how I wanted my burger cooked (it came medium well) but it was cooked just that way.
                The patties are not very round which means that they are stacked quite high. This makes eating the burger difficult. Add to that how much provolone cheese they had melted, dripping off carrying bits of lettuce, and handling this baby was a challenge. But worth it.
                You can taste the good, quality Angus beef with each bite. Yes, I could taste the garden and the cheese and the condiments but the beef shone through with each and every chomp. This place lived up to its name. Especially when you toss in how affordable it is.
                My one disappointment was the fries. Don’t get me wrong, my curly fries were OK but the menu claimed they offered waffle fries but I was told they didn’t have any. I settled.
                All in all if you can find the place (it’s just a little north of Union Cemetery Rd. on the east side of the street) it is well worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment